Saturday, July 21, 2007

Rock on!

I can't imagine what it would be like if I was in Singapore Polytechnic rather than Ngee Ann Polytechnic. It would have been a better choice. Fast foods almost weekly and probably a lot more walking and probably in crowded CCA's but more flexibility and choices and higher class of education and a lot more food choices. (Well, I'm imagine I probably would have gained at least 3-4kg if I did eat fastfood for a week.) Though SP was the better choice, I felt a good thing about NP. NP had a secondary school outlook, didn't have any fast food places and was definitely the closer of the two. Also, they're interdisciplinary studies attracted me and felt that I could be a better and more flexible professional there. In addition, my choice is starting to make good, I have a good fellowship of friends, a great CCA in Rock Climbing (I hope they can give us a wall next year.), recently improved the place, John my mentor is just next door to SIM, and my cousin is possibly moving there (SIM) for further studies. note: I don't regret going to NP or hate SP or advertising it.

I'm starting to enjoy my studies a little more, it's a matter of a love-hate relationship, you love your course but you hate the fact that your struggling. I guess I need to work harder. I need to study my mathematics( I enjoy it a lot), biology(needs work), IBME( needs a lot of work and reading and asking ).

It's hard to imagine that after looking through all these during the O level break, I finally made it. I got what I wanted. I got into a sports CCA in Rock Climbing though it wasn't my first choice and is working out more than ever in terms of physical development, the inter-disciplinary studies are making me work harder than ever, I'm growing as a Christian in Campus Crusade and I made good friends even met some in the unusual ways.

I hit SP with some of my fellow Rock Climbers for Level 1. I'll remember those term and maybe I'll hit a real rock some day. The wall up there was tough as it replicated a real rock formation with crevices and all. I got to learn to belay, use the shoes and a few tricks in difficulty and started getting used to using my arm strength a little more with my legs and everything-you-need to know about sports climbing. My legs are my strongest gear in my body and my mind is the best thing to control that. I still have a lot of work outs to go through including pull-ups or chin-ups to keep my spot and prove myself that I belong to this sport. Competition is coming up but I have yet to step into Yishun for some competitive training. For now, I gotta train more and make the most of my opportunity in West Coast Recreation for further trainings and buy my shoes. I also gave a Gospel tract to our instructor.

It's pretty hard to keep up with friends in Pioneer Junior College and I recently met up with one of my good friends who stills studies there to catch the Potter movie. She was well and we worked out some stuff, I gotta be thankful to her for being honest and caring and I wish her nothing but the best. She ordered the last book(H.P.) in advanced and I got to peek at it when one of my RC mates was reading it before our Level 1 course. Another friend is SP has been distant but I kept in contact with her recently while I was in Canada but haven;t talked to her since touch down in SG I just hope I get to meet her someday soon, she's a nice person and I wish her all the best. Another PJ mate in NP, he used to in basketball and played in the last game with him, he's now in canoe and I wish him all the best as well. He's in the top course and I wish him well. Another friend who was in my OG and NPSU group like the PJ mate from basketball has been really having a hard time according to her blog and I just support her and hope she pushes through. FOr others, I just wish them a good time including PJ Live.

I guess I'll rock on. Not the music part but the Rock part. I'll be hitting a lot of Rocks but I'll be also hitting a lot problems, I'll rock on For Christ and Life.!

No comments: