Monday, November 17, 2008

First Punch











I took three or four steps forward and tried to throw it at one of the four bullies I saw. I was Primary 5 and it was pretty week considering we were city kids with no gyms and stuff but when your young you feel you can beat anyone. I was wrong. Next thing I knew, the guy punched me in the nose and I went down bad.








Secondary 2, I was stuck in a Sec 1 Chinese Class. I always sat behind a shy girl and another guy. Even though, I was older. The guy tried to bully me. I didn't bulge. I didn't mind getting teased and stuff. I always did more work than talk. That was my way of life, I'd leave it all on the floor with my hands, not my mouth. By then, I hated violence and stuff. I haven't thrown a punch in two years. Unfortunately, this guy looked like he was pushing the girl around and she cried one day. I took a punch and took three or four more into it and the guy started bleeding. The teacher sent me out and I went off during a break to my cousellor. I told on myself and said that I made a misunderstanding. I was a good student so I didn't get into much trouble.








A year later, I was on the basketball court. A fella ran through me and threw an elbow. I pushed the guy a bit and tried to take my post. It was a really rough game and the refs allowed it. A minute later, a guy three or four inches taller than me has the ball in the corner. We were desperate for a possesion so I got in his face and tried to just push him off or tried to steal the ball. Finally, he threw it away and his teammate got it. It wasn't the best game we had but we played hard and just tried to win.








First Punch. Kickboxing. They though me how to throw a jab with my left. I found it weird. The way it really is thrown is very different from watching it. You see it in the fight videos and they don't seem to use their hip as much as your supposed to. I found it awkward at first but later I took it to a higher level. Simply just punching till they told me to stop. I was grouped with others who were new to the club. I pushed hard and threw rights or crosses. On thursday, there was a lot less of us so that gave me a chance to trying throwing kicks and mostly I learned how to duck and move to avoid hooks. My main problem was my feet. Everytime I moved, my feet weren't right and I was open to leg sweeps. I was also slow on my mind. I think I could naturally avoid and look out for punches; but everytime they ordered me to go right or left or front or back. I went opposite. I also figured I wasn't supposed to go diagonal. I also needed to push a little harder. Next day, I was aching in the back and legs. I couldn't bend and I still watched the horror movie "Mirrors".








Scared. Yeah, I'm ok with it but nothing to scary. I mean, I hid in the bathroom watching "Jaws" hugging a pillow.








Still the fight's probably 3 minute rounds so I have to train for recovery and stamina. I have it but my running doesn't show it.








I don't back down and I don't like failing. I don't like not psuhing. I don't like not winning. That's me. Since, First Punch.








PICs huh?? hmmm....

No comments: