Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stuck up

My first day of secondary 3 school in Singapore wasn't a good impression for me. My idea was that they were hard-working students especially since there were only 20 -30 students unlike the class in the Philippines which was 35 -40. Eventually, I saw that some people were pretty rude and ignorant and especially immature. I mean, come on, even the worst guy in my old class had more respect for the teacher. The teachers were pretty hard-working and those in my class weren't that concerned. I think it wasn't 50-50 pass or fail but rather 10-20-30-40 excellent, trying to pass, trying, trying not to fail. The foreigners were pretty hard-working. Well, for around 8 out of 10, since 2 were raise here and I found out later that they just barely got through sec 2. I also found out that a bunch of them didn't even know how to spell my nationality or my country. All they knew was that my country sent maids over sometimes or workers. I just didn't get a good first impression but later in the years I found them responsible and they grew pretty well for their age. I think maturity here just grows a little slower with the certain comforts people get. I just don't know why people would ignore their studies and feel comfortable being so small and yet confident with talk and trying to walk.

Enough of the old days, eventually, I made good with them and towards the final year those who wanted it more just got what they needed and I'm pretty glad a bunch of us ended up in the same polytechnic even though we don't see each other much except for Azhar who I see a lot when my course comittee meets. I'm just glad and a little sad that the phase of childhood is over.

I doodled a little about Meng and CHooka. They were talking about someone. So i drew up a picture were Chooka was an owl and Meng a fox. The owl was trying to see something and the fox just wanted to see but could only hear descriptions. I think it's also the first time I heard the phrase "Universal Descriptions".

I'll post the thing until I can get it scanned. Vaish kept laughing at it and I think I could make an animal out of everyone in class. I'd probably be a turtle, Vaish a bird, Zul a bat, Izhar a fish, and Edos as a dog.......oh, well, life goes on...cartoonists may not be my thing anyway

No comments: