Wednesday, December 3, 2008






Whether it be in the ring or the octagon, fights are always unpredictable. It's never easy to predict what will happen in the ring. A fighter may say he's going to knock his opponent out or destory him for 5 whole rounds, still won't be sure of what will happen until the fight happens. We can use science , math, records, knockout percentage and luck ; but nobody ever knows what happens when we get in the ring.
Why the ring? This is our battleground. A place where we do our grimy fights and workouts. A place where we settle business with life to earn the next living and the next pay check. As much as I value my time in the battleground, I know I can't win if I can't even win at home.
The reason I come out of the battlefield alive each day is because I know I have something to live for. I have something to do for my family. I have something to do for my dad. I know I have something to live for and fight for. I know it's not about grades but about success in life. It's not just hard work, it's about playing smart and not giving up. People always say they'll die today just by looking at the work load, some will say they'll take it easy but in reality have already given up but trying to little. Some go till they die. Some go and keep looking for different ways. In the end, it's those who remember home and family and a reason to live that keeps our hopes alive and drives us to our graves.
I wanna live hard and fight hard. My exams are next week and that's my ring and battleground. Grimy, dirty but right and wise, I'll fight it all out for 4 rounds. I wanna win every one of them. I can't predict the future but I can do something to make it happen and mine

No comments: