Thursday, December 4, 2008

You never really know how hard a kick is until you experience it. During light sparring, the kicks were really slow so you could duck and cover fast. In real life, a kick can hurt really bad and it's damn quick. So, the guy Hadi was teaching me kicks, he told me it was more about technique than strength. I tried just making my kicks hard but they were really slow and they looked strong with the way other threw them. I thew a few and they said it was right even though I didn't hear a hard hit on the pad.

Technique = force. The shin in naturally hard but it's the force that kills.

In mma, I always wondered what was more effective, kicks or knee. Well, knees but they're hard to hit because you want to hit the head. Unless your in a clinch, it won't be that effective. A low kick which I'm trying to learn seems to be used to hit the thigh and lower leg. That force kills the part that helps you walk or jump; so, in a way, it renders you vulnerable to punches. What I don't get is head kicks. They're so unpredictable. They can knock you out cold. With the right force, it will just plain hurt and it hits you in the head, neck, temple, or face. It won't break bones, hopefully ; but it will knock the wind out of you. It's trauma. Imagine hitting a wall that's your force against yours bouncing back. Imagine you walk into a moving wall! Imagine a head moving to avoid a jab or a punch, normally a hook will go in, but what if it was a full round kick. The force isnt from ground to head ; it's from turning from your back with a centrifugal force that will hit the head. Imagine a snap, throw a stick straight. Now swing a stick, that's the force we're looking for.

You gotta learn technique. Be smart. Perfect the art. Find a way that doesn't need so much work. You can work hard all you want but you suddenly find a way to make life easier , you put the same amount of effort but produce more. When you think and slow down, you can win. I always rushed my projects but at my practical test, I stayed calm. I slowed down and made my moves like a chess player and it payed off. I got two waveforms even though I finished almost last. It works. Even if your not a chess player, which I am terrible at. I guess when you know and understand the game like a figther understands the human body or a basketball player that knows the ball and bounces well, we can win.

Take your time. Work smart. But keep working hard. All the best to all my friends in NP for our common tests

No comments: