Friday, January 16, 2009

I don't think a lot of people realize. You've turned 20. I turned 20 just 3 weeks ago.

5 weeks ago, I earned my drivers license and drove my mom and little sister to the mall with the guidance of my driver. He joked that it would be my turn to wait in the car.

A month ago, I was climbing at Climb On! 08 and was with some climbers from Singapore Polytechnic. 3 weeks after, I'm throwing punches in kick boxing to try my hand at Mixed Martial Arts. Even while climbing I was already interested to enroll in Brazilian Ju Jitsu and Submission Wrestling and watching Fight Quest and Human Weapon.

4 years ago. I was in a whole new world coming into Singapore. My dad rode with me to school just to check out the place, but I haven't really grown up then even though I was feeling ready. I still thought I was someone who needed to prove something, I didn't do well in my entrance so the Vice-Principal challenged me. I fought my authorities in a way but I also fought my demons. I was more fatigued that usual and getting fit was a huge problem. I walked longer roads and longer bike rides. I walked or rode to church , the market, or just for fun. I didn't do movies or shopping. I watched sports all the time and just tried to learn not to mess up.

5 years ago. I was at my mind's prime. I wanted to become a journalist or a detective. I learned to consider all possibilities, explore my chances, and win on my court. making a lot of important choices.....Family becomes my first priority right away.

Today. I've been working out. I feel great. I'm at the best shape of my life and I'm looking to make a good chance and opportunity to help my family in the business. 21, your on your own, parents leave you alone but talk to you once in a while before you leave the house or when you sleep.

You can say all you want to say but when it comes down. It's here. Let's win.

No comments: