Monday, January 26, 2009

Honestly, I'm not that into Chinese New Year. My friends asked me the other day whether I celebrate it or not. Well, I do because it does bring my family together and you get to spend that quality time you don't usually get. My two younger sisters are still pretty much babies coming to their own but becoming wiser each year. My parents are getting older. I'm reaching my prime. So, why not have CNY, it brings us together.

Leah in church asked me if I was going to visit relatives. My answer was we were going to see some close friends this year. Actually, I have a cousin Almerick who became a scholar here and an aunt as well who has a family here. We have two families who are close friends and have children coming to their own time like my younger sisters.

Maybe I do celebrate it, maybe I'm not too into it. Yeah, it's been a good break but whenever I'm not out, I haven't left the classroom at all. I've been studying hard and concentrating on making my own life this year. Be more Independent and hungier for that adventure and that life we truly desire.

I read Psalm 37 today, and I haven't looked back on the choices I've made this year. Maybe I haven't been able to look at it clearly as well as I did in Jan 1. After all, I was an hour late for the new year, but still I got a lot to work on. A lot to fix. A whole lot to give. I love my family, friends , and God. I don't love my life because of my choices but I love it because of the people in it and how they have changed it. Well, I guess I did celebrate it after all. Gong Xi Fa Cai.......eh ....Happy CNY.

No comments: