Saturday, February 14, 2009


It's Valentine's day so I decided I rather be lonely for reasons only few know. I know I involve or name few names on this blog because I'm a little hesistant about it. I don't wanna insult anyone but I rather thank that person and stuff.


It was a good day to study. Ya know, not a lot happening, my friends are all out, NBA All-star game around the corner and I had to subscribe to the sports channel for $20 to get to watch it but pretty much worth it.




Watching UFC Prime Time, it really motivates me the way BJ Penn and Geogres St. Pierre train for their fight. My favorite parts were when St. Pierre showed his past of getting beaten up and motivated him to learn karate in his basement to fight off the bullies. Years later, he honor his master who passed away by completing in his first MMA fight and winning it. He then went up and down winning some and losing very few (just 2 Matt Hughes and Matt Serra) and from there he would come back stronger , smarter, more disciplined and determined to win the biggest Prize in MMA sports, the Welter Weight division Championship. He would avenge both losses in dominant fashion. After being taken down by Matt Hughes and losing via armbar submission in the final seconds of round one, he would win the welterweight from hughes and lose to Serra an underdog in the fight. St.Pierre would return to defeat Josh Koscheck and MAtt Hughes and avenge a loss to Serra all by dominating the figh by decision on Koscheck, armbar on Hughes(the very same way he first lost to him) and turning Serra into a knee bag (TKO via knees to the body). Serra would defend his belt against Jon Fitch and BJ Penn ( greasing allegations). Despite the greasing and all, I think a lot would know it was unintentional. why would a champ need it? He had proper defense against Penn and Penn was clearly outmatched in wrestling and stand up.


I believe in hard work. While training St. Pierre built a team of fighters around him and sparred with every one of them, One for each round. It really helped him adapt.


Today, I feel like applying the same technique to my studies. Train hard and smart. You don't become a champ by fighting someone weaker than you but by beating the best. I'm looking at things I don't know the most and improving on them.


I studied a KAP Mac's with a friend today. It was quite alright. I got to work on a lot of things I'm still not completely sold on. Teaching her a bit of mathematics and stuff really got my brain working. I haven't seen her in a while. I feel much better after reconnecting with others. I finally broke my silence. God really helped me out. I can't really get my head together on my own and some things I'm not just ready for.
Even played pool wit her, lost 2 out of 5 i think. you fix that. thanks you helped out more than you know it.
I had lunch with another friend. Rode on the bus home with another friend. Talked to another about trashing someone next time( watch out chook). Learn Muay Thai after exams if I get IAP and if not continue training in school if non-IAP. Up to God now. Hey, if I do end up running around an island, that should be a work out.


I have some stuff I can't type now till next next week. It's preparation week and fight day in 7 days. Time to dominate and just kill the master(my exams) quote Kenny FLorian......


No comments: