Monday, February 23, 2009

It was extremely tough today. These guys were really trying to KO me in the first round out of IAP. I'm not satisfied with it. I wanna get tougher. So I stayed back and got an upgrade on my brain and attitude; it'll definitely take me to the next level mentally and spiritually. Total reliance on just being mean and tough on myself and work ethic.

I really liked what I saw in the UFC 95 card. Everyone kept saying how it was gonna be a boring fight with unknown fighters or no top contenders and that the main event would be two sluggsih fighters who weren't really into it with one poorly malnourished and the other not so impressive. I really beg to differ.

Diego Sanchez will be in every fighter at 155 lbs 's Nightmare. Especially Joe Stevenson after getting dominated. Sanchez wasn't tired from cutting weight. From the report, he was really fit. He was his old self, fast and stronger than Stevenson.

Whether winning or losing, I guess it's about what we do when we fall. Picking yourself up is one thing, pulling yourself together is another. I lost a lot of times in life and I admit it. I accept defeat too early because I was really scared. Now a days, I'm a bit more daring but knew that I had to be focused and strong in the tough times. I've grown and learned how much I need to push myself to get to my peak.

When your at the peak, your at your best shape. You know your gonna give it your best on fight day. Fighters after weighing in by losing water; rehydrate and warm up to get themselves together and make sure they're at their peak when they fight. Despite staying in Las Vegas, some won't even stay in a hotel. Instead, they'd continue to train and warm up in some gym with an extra room. They live like soldiers to get their mentality check. So, it's basically sleep, eat, train and finally fight. I sleep, eat , study and test. That's my mentality because I wanna be ready when the time comes for me to be called to fight. I wanna fight. I want to experience that adrenaline rush when you get in the ring and just be in the heat of the moment. It can be a chess game or a test of who can take more KO's. I wanna be at my peak tomorrow so good night guys....

during my one week vacation, I might try some fitness training. Might post them here to see how they turn out.

No comments: