Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's really no excuses now. I gotta get my head together. Yeah sure, we can treat it as another day but truly it's about learning how live life to the fullest each day.

When I train or study for major days, I feel I get distracted at home a lot. So I spend more time in school. Believe me, sometimes I rather be back in secondary school or Junior college studying chemistry, physics, mathematics, and social studies. Where were the days that all you had to say was 2+2= 4? Speed = distance/time? salt is Sodium Chloride ? the sky is blue because of the reflection of the sun in our eyes or which light goes through it?

Honesty, I didn't know whether I could handle being an Engineering Student. Being more practical minded, making it through shear work ethic and knowledge power ; but life here has become more complex. Sometimes it's our peers, sometimes it's entertainment. Stress makes us do crazy things.

That ain't gonna happen to me.

starting Wednesday tomorrow, I need to isolate myself. Sleep early, exercise, study, focus, eat right, and work harder.

Diego Sanchez VS Joe Stevenson

Both are at their crossroads. Honestly, they're fighters with gyms invested in them. They get $30K or something every time they fight and not to mention the promotion they get. But despite all these. it comes at a price. Sanchez has given up his sunny side beach training camp in California for a higher altitude in the mountians to train more. Stevenson has isolated himself from friends and family to train in the old desserted area living like a marine and training everyday.

Josh Koscheck trains by living in his gym. He stays in a small apartment with only a bed, some music, a fridge with protein bars and shakes, and some clothes. And he does nothing in there but sleep and eat and train.

Why do I wanna change hairstyles? I wanna change my life. I don't wanna be a lazy fella who sits around and watches the news. Nah, I wanna read my own day and how I can become a better person as I live and how I can be a better student, brother, son, friend and worker.

No excuses now.

No comments: