Saturday, November 27, 2010

Patient heart

It's to often that we fight with our heart. That means just going plain crazy on our work. There's a saying where we'll just write whatever's on our mind. Squeezing our head during our exams, trying to get some energy for our next basketball game and looking for new or unusual ways to win. I remember some terrible basketball games I played. I tried virtually everything against the guy, he was bigger, stronger and a lot more skill. I kept telling him to come on, I just started using really difficult moves (moves that would probably work on 1 in a 100 times. When your losing badly, you still wanna go out with a bang with nothing just stopping you. I did get like 2 to his 11. It was bad to lose but at least I got to play some defense.

A lot made me think of who I am, off whether I see it half full or half empty. I try to see it half full as much as I can. There are times that when I see it half empty, I learn that God often shows as much of the other half as He can. He teaches me one thing. To be patient and see how full the glass is the next day or next time out. What are we looking for? Something in our glass? It not going to often that we get a chance to get it full and I think that if we wait whether long or short, we'll know when is the right time to make it full.

A patient mind can work with a determined heart. When we have an intellectual determination, we strategize with perfection not just fight. Planning gives one confidence and strength and this can lead to higher success. A fighting spirit is strong but a patient one is just as strong and smarter. Plan ahead and think beyond. That's how we should learn. That's how God wants us to learn. Moses was patient, Jeremiah was patient, and Gideon. They all waited and finished with a full glass. What happens when we get over our heads? ask the Israelites who wondered around the desert for 40 years and were attacked by snakes before entering the promised land. Planning, Prayer and a little Psychotic mind to put it all together.

No comments: