Sunday, June 21, 2009


I'm just trying to become more of a gym rat nowadays. It hasn't been easy you know, finding the time to go after work especially when i was taking some meds 2 weeks ago. I learned a few things along the way like you need to push your body a bit to get stronger and you need not be ashamed if your not exactly dragon boat guy material or beach body material. Although it's always cool to look ripped and good, it's a matter of how you feel when you do your thing on the basketball court or the mat.


I played basketball a few nights ago and my shot was really off. I hit just one 3-pointer and was missing all my mid jumpers and i had a feeling i should have tried more three's. Too bad, I was having a good night cutting into the basket against guys that were a bit taller than me. God bless me, if I was a foot taller then , I would be playing for the Singapore Slingers. I knew my way around and split defenders to get to the basket but I didn't finish as well as I hoped. I missed a few shots I used to normally make and I ran out of speed early; plus, I got hit in the throat with the ball. It was pretty good considering that our opponents were taller and that I got a good breath of fresh air out of it.


Believe it or not, that small time on the court is heaven for me. No matter how bad I play or how bad i beaten up, I'll always have a good time. Basketball reminds me so much of home and family and how it deepens my relationship with my dad. It's almost a better taste than going to the mall or just out. When I'm on the court, it's just the shot and the game that matters. They say it's just a game and that's all that's in my head, just my game. I don't have to think about how to this or that or why i'm not getting to the goal and stuff; I just feel the game so well; I can just run on instict the whole time. If I play and my opponents better, I make sure he's not gonna get an easy win; if I play and i'm better; I still make it hard to win and just start playing with him a bit, like hesistating, fakes and stuff. I don't do it out of mind it just comes to me; as soon as some one tries to block my path or get close to me I body him up and start backing him down, if he's too far, I'll shoot a long jumper or drive close enough to catch him at the post with a jump hook or lay-up. It's too routine sometimes that I naturally do different things over and over again.


Happy dad's day to my dad. I'm proud of him in every sense of way. I look up to him and I love this guy. I neve had a brother but I have a dad I can follow in terms of principles and just plain work. thanks dad.

No comments: