Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's been war at work, peace at home, and even more peace at church. The weekend was pretty cool you know. It started a little sour.

Friday- I'd miss the Finals between the Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Lakers. I'm routing for the Lakers and Kobe Bryant as always and just saw the thrid quarter replays. It was awesome. He just did a bunch of things. With 8 seconds left, he took the ball at least 25 feet away from the basket, crossed, drove into the goal where he met three defenders at the rim and hung in there and switched the ball right to left to lay it in before the shot clock expired. Next he took his defender one on one and spun back and forth before jumping forward, hangs and double pumps and banks in while getting fouled. It was amazing 40 points. My jaw dropped when I saw the score 100-75. I didn't at all expect it to be that close. At the free throw , everyone in the centre was just going "M-V-P, M-V-P", the loudest I've heard in a long time. This was a different team from the one at Denver and Houston.

ANyway back to Sg, I took a walk, I don't know if it was the cold or the heat or my lunch, I just wanted to get out of the computer table. I just took a little lesson from my teacher/boss whom I say is really good at what he teaches and afterwards I just wanted out. I wanted to walk to the Crusade office first to say hi to my friends there but it was closed and i found Jun Ming, a part time leader at Crusade and we talked about what was happening then about the events they were having and freshmen they had and how senior year has it's x's and o's. On the way back, i headed for the library and found another friend, Melodie. i seriously, had not seen her and I thought she grew shorter or it was the shoes i was wearing that day. Anyway, she was going on a long walk up the hill so I walked her up and kept her company till we reached makan place. It was pretty cool to talk to her, she told me to not goof when i was during our ct's. she was doing all projects and she always left herself online so I'd chat with her for a minute or two and was being scolded to get back to work. I could use that again. hahaha.... anyway, great to talk to her she gives me a lot to think about more that she knows it.

After work, took time to hit the gym and put some iron on. I've been cleared to work out this week and it felt good. I did some skipping the night before and been doing light stuff the past few days. I lifted a few weights and stayed there around an hour and helped a guy with some weight lifting. My only regret is not having done running or swimming or endurance tests aside from shadow boxing and skipping a minute or so.

Saturday- Was supposed to go cycling with Taby whom I went to east coast with but she had a briefing in the morning and I had plans at noon. I took the time instead to stay home in the morning and headed for the Bradell to check out a sale of Christian books. btw, it's at yellow pages building and inside on your right at the guard post is the small door, last two days are on monday and tuesday till 9pm.
I had a quick meeting at church after the sale and pretty much finished the day watching The Ultimate Fighter 9 and The Seige. Slept early before talking to a friend online.

Sunday- I lost count of how many kids I was watching. 6-9 maybe? I'm just glad it wasn't 15. Got lost in the story line and pretty much got a little confused and here i am now watching re-runs of game 1 NBA finals. Before, we took some umbrellas from my place which is next to church to bail friends out of the rain. I actually just wanted to walk in my rain jacket but Leah just told me to share with her. They're a really cool bunch who I wouldn't mind helping out anyday. They've encouraged me a lot in many ways to stay in my ministires. They're involved in one thing or the other every now and then and thanks to them so have I. just really thankful for the people in church , home and school. Love ya all, take care fellas.

PS. not posting videos or pics of lakers. I don't wanna jinx them. hahaha....

No comments: