Sunday, June 14, 2009

An unusual fight


I didn't get to follow the fight between Rich Franklin and Wanderlei Silva. I was stomped but I expected such. A decision for Rich Franklin. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a TKO but I was like if it goes the way I imagined it probably will go to a decision. Too good of a fight to end by knock out.


Silva seemed to be looking more to slow his pace down and explode down the stretch. I like the was Silva seems to be changing his game, utilizing his ground game a little more to conserve that knock out power in his hands. His agression has always worked one way or the other. He either knocked someone out or got knocked the wind of him. If I had any advice for the next guy he's fighting, it would be don't throw leg kicks unless you can move your damn head fast. That's how he gets them, throw a shot and he will respond with a furry that few ever survive on their feet. I'd say let him fight the top middleweights like Patrick Cote or Thales Leites. It would be interesting to see how guys like Alan Blecher or Nate Marquart respond to another Silva monster among their division.




Rich Franklin? What more can I say? He's in a packed heavyweight divison but a win over Silva should push him somewhere near a title shot. He should fight another contender, like maybe Forrest Griffin after he takes on Anderson Silva(no relation), winner of Matt Hamill vs Brandon Vera , Keith Jardine vs Thiago Silva(too many Silvas). He should get a rematch with Lyoto Machida I feel as the theri last fight was like two or three years ago. He has too much respect and should be one or two fights away from reaching that level and he can definitely show up to the other lightheavies. Silva was probably his toughest test in the division to date and will probably have more problems against more mixed fighters like Griffin or Jardine. heck he might face the fighter he coached in TUF in Rashad Evans.




I got a good week out of this. Honestly, the only thing that keeps me going at times is knowing that when I make it to the weekend I got people at home and in church. I been fired up a few times this week just because I knew I had good people around. Any time I get something little or big, it just gets me fired up. Tells me to buck down and get back to work and just crack my head a little harder. I get the boredom part but I guess when you find something to think about, it just disappears. My brain's been working harder lately just so I can do something to keep it occupied, sky's the limit right now and I;m thankful to God for all he has done and worked for.


I feel maybe I'm letting my problems get the better of me and I'm letting stuff get the better of me even though I know I can do well. I know I can fight harder and hit harder and I'm gonna. I can't assure victory just that I'm going to bring a world of hurt on myself to win and work hard and buck down. Not gonna let anything easy pass me by and quote Dwight Howard "We're not handing over the championship yet." I'm not ready to hand it over yet and call it quits. I'm not going away. I got a lot of good people around me and I love them to death. We all have unusual fights and it's not easy.

No comments: